‘Summer Science Teaching Program 2015 ‘ (SSTP-2015) for Tibetan students studying science in India and overseas universities will commence from June 25, 2015. Under this program, the college/university students will be given the opportunity to teach for a month in Tibetan schools.
- To inspire university/college students to pursue teaching as their career.
- To provide opportunity for the university/college students to engage in voluntary community work.
- To provide role models and guidance for the children in our schools.
The main objectives of the program are:
- Two ways travel expense (within India) for the students will be borne by DoE.
- The participants will be provided AC 3 Tier train fare and deluxe bus fare. (Kindly note that reimbursement will be made only on submission of original tickets)
- Daily allowance of Rs 250 will be provided during journey period.
- The participants will be provided free accommodation by the respective schools.
- Food allowance for a month’s stay at school is Rs 6000.
- Service Incentive of Rs 3000 and a certificate of appreciation will be awarded to the participants.
- There will be a Day Orientation Program for the participants in Dharamshala on June 25, 2015. Attendance for the orientation program is mandatory.
- The last date for the enrolment in the program is May 30, 2015.
- The interested students should contact Tsering Dhondup, Science Education Officer, DoE (Mobile no. 09882961449, email: [email protected] Office phone: 01892-222572/222721)