The Department of Education (DoE), Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) is pleased to announce that Application is now open for 2018 Horizon Scholarship for Tibetan Students to study International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (11th & 12th standard equivalent) across 17 United World Colleges (UWC). The DoE, CTA is partnering with the UWC Committee, India for the selection of Tibetan students in India.
- A Student must submit a copy of 1st & 2nd page of Registration Certificate (RC) issued by the local Superintendent of Police. The local Tibetan Settlement officer or CTA official of Joint Secretary & above must attest a copy of the RC.
- A Student must submit a copy of oneself and parent’s 1st, 2nd and last payment page of Tibetan green book issued by the Central Tibetan Administration. A copy must be attested by the local Tibetan Settlement officer or CTA official of Joint Secretary & above. (If any student’s parent lives in Tibet, or deceased or separated, please submit a copy of supporting letter from the local Tibetan Settlement officer or School’s Principal.)
- A Student must have taken the Tibetan language subject in Class X or one should appear in equivalent Tibetan language test to be conducted by the DoE.
- A Student of Class X & XI must apply, and age must be between 16 and 18 years on/by September 1, 2018. (Student must be born between 1st September 2000 to 1st September 2002)
- A complete application form (3 Form) with necessary document must reach the following address by post or submit in person. Please note that application sent by email shall not be considered.
- Please note that if any of the applicant has applied for UWC or Pestalozzi Scholarship in 2017, is not required to submit a copy of document mentioned in above point no. 1 to 3, but must mention the name of the scholarship that you have applied.
- Any promising Student whose age is over 18 may also apply for the Scholarship provided a letter of special request (clearly mentioning why he/she should be considered) from the head of School is submitted.
Secretary (UWC 2018)
Department of Education, CTA
P.O. Dharamsala – 176215
District Kangra (H.P.)
Application deadline: September 30, 2017
Selection: Place and Time to be decided based on Applicant’s location.