The Department of Education, CTA, is pleased to announce that Chiba Institute of Technology will be providing scholarships for 3 Tibetan refugee students to study a two-year Master’s Program for the academic year of 2023-2025 in any of the following Master’s Program Courses:
1) Information and Computer Science
2) Management Science
(*The detail of the courses are attached with this announcement. All the courses will be taught in English except for the Japanese language class.)
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, boarding and to and fro travel expenses.
The application deadline is 11:59 PM, July 4, 2022.
- Applicant must be a Tibetan refugee student. He/She must have a Green Book (GB) ་with contribution paid till 2021. He/She must have a valid Registration Certificate (RC). His/her parents’ Green Book contribution should be paid by 2021.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field (regular) from a recognized University. He/She must have graduated in 2019 or later with a score of 50% or above. (The graduation year will be considered according to the result/mark sheet declaration date and not the date of issuance of the Degree Certificate.)
- Applicant must have a valid Identity Certificate (IC) issued by the Government of India or in case the applicant newly applies for an IC, the receipt will do at the time of application.
How to Apply?
Please apply online through this application Link: https://forms.gle/LiyHXxWMXwuWwB376
Documents to upload through the link.
- A Passport Photo.
- A filled Form A. (Hover and click to download)
- Scanned copy of IC.
- Scanned copy of Bachelor’s Degree
- The following documents in a single PDF File in the following order:
- i) Resume with passport photo on the front page, right side. (One page)
- ii) Recommendation letter from your Undergraduate College/University. (Please upload a latest recommendation letter signed by the respective professor with the University stamp.)
- iii) An essay on ‘Why you are applying for this scholarship?’ (400 to 500 words, typed on A4 size paper.)
iv) Japanese Language Certificate (if available)
The Department of Education, CTA, will conduct a virtual preliminary interview of all eligible applicants. 5 candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their total score as per the following marking system:
Total: 100 Points
- i) Preliminary Interview: 80 Points.
- ii) Academic Performance: 15 Points.
|Academic Performance in
iii) Japanese Language Certificate: 5 points.
- The Department of Education, CTA, will forward the 5 shortlisted candidates to Chiba Institute of Technology (CIT) and CIT through a virtual interview, will select the final 3 candidates in September, 2022.
- Entering Japan is totally dependent on the SOPs by the Government of Japan. It is requested that the candidates are prepared for every situation and decision.
• The exact date and time of the preliminary interview will be notified via email. So please submit a valid email address.
• Please read the announcement carefully and submit all the required documents in time.
For any queries, please contact:
Posted by: Scholarship Section, Department of Education, CTA, Gangchen Kyishong, Dharamshala, District Kangra, HP-176215
Website: www.sherig.org, www.lamton.org
Dated: June 20, 2021