The Department of Education, CTA, is pleased to announce that Chiba Institute of Technology, Japan, will be offering scholarships for 3 Tibetan refugee students to study a two-year Master’s Program at their institution, for the academic year of 2024 to 2026 in the following Master’s Program Courses:
1) Masters Program in Management Science
2) Masters Program in Information and Computer Science
(All the courses will be taught in English except for the Japanese language class.)
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, boarding and to and fro travel expenses.
The application deadline is June 20, 2023.
- The applicant must be a Tibetan refugee possessing a Green Book (GB) ་with contribution paid till 2022.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field (regular) from a recognized University. He/She must have graduated in 2020 or later with a score of 50% or above. (The graduation year will be considered according to the result/mark sheet declaration date and not the date of issuance of the Degree Certificate.)
- Applicant must have a valid Identity Certificate (IC) issued by the Government of India or in case the applicant had newly applied for an IC or an extension, the receipt will do at the time of application.
How to Apply?
Please apply online through this application Link: https://forms.gle/zPNpAVVPgS5NV63XA
Please keep the following documents in PDF ready to upload through the link.
- A Passport Photo.
- A filled Form A
- Scanned copy of IC.
- Scanned copy of your Bachelor’s Degree/Final Marksheet showing the overall percentage of your Bachelor’s Degree or upload all mark sheets.
- The following documents in a single PDF File in the following order:
i) Resume with passport photo on the front page, right side. (One page)
ii) Recommendation letter from your Undergraduate College/University. (Please upload the latest recommendation letter signed by the respective professor with the University stamp.)
iii) An essay on ‘Why you are applying for this scholarship?’ (400 to 500 words, typed on A 4 size paper.)
iv) Japanese Language Certificate (if available)
The Department of Education, CTA, will conduct an online preliminary interview of all eligible applicants and the 5 highest scoring candidates will be shortlisted as per the following marking system:
Total: 100 Points
i) Preliminary Interview: 80 Points.
ii) Academic Performance: 15 Points.
|Academic Performance in
iii) Japanese Language Certificate: 5 points. (The minimum duration of the certificate must be at least 1 year to avail the points.)
- The Department of Education, CTA, will forward the 5 shortlisted candidates to Chiba Institute of Technology (CIT). CIT will select the final 3 candidates through a virtual interview in early August (tentative) and the result will be announced in September 2023. Selected candidates will enter CIT, Japan, in late March 2024.
- Entering Japan is totally dependent on the SOPs by the Government of Japan. It is requested that the candidates are prepared for every situation and decision.
• The exact date and time of the preliminary interview will be notified via email. So please submit a valid email address.
• Please read the announcement carefully and submit all the required documents in time.
For any queries, please contact:
Posted by: Scholarship Section,
Department of Education, CTA,
Dharamshala, District Kangra,
Dated: May 25, 2023