The Department of Education, CTA is pleased to announce Sikyong Professional Scholarship Program (SPSP) in partnership with the Tibet Fund, New York. This scholarship will be provided to 5 outstanding Tibetan students from India, Nepal, and Bhutan to pursue Master’s program. The scholarships will be provided by the Tibet Fund, New York, through the Department of Education, CTA. Eligible candidates must apply online using the link below latest by August 31, 2022, by 11:59pm:
Application Link: https://forms.gle/tnsRwqCLGBJ6R1dr6
Master in Medicine (MD/MS), Master in Dental Surgery (MDS), Master in Technology(M.Tech), Master in Business Administration (MBA), Master in Computer Application (MCA), Master in Pharmacy (M Pharm), Master in Physiotherapy (MPT), or Master of Law (LLM).
Tuition fees will be reimbursed as per bill with a maximum ceiling of Rs.2 Lakh. Other than that, Expenses like capitation fee/donation will not be reimbursed. Additional maintenance allowance of Rs.50,000 will be provided per year. For continuation of SPSP scholarship, one must score 60 % in Academic result and 75% in class attendance.
Eligibility criteria and required documents:
- Applicant must be a Tibetan refugee student who has a Green Book (GB) and a valid Registration Certificate (RC). Applicant and his/her parents’ Green Book contribution must be paid till 2021. Information about RC and GB must be mentioned in “Form-A” and attested by the concerned Tibetan Settlement Officer. (Upload Form-A)
- Applicant must have scored at least 70% in Bachelor’s degree. Preference shall be given to fresh graduates. (Upload Bachelor’s Mark Sheets)
- Curriculum vitae (CV) (Upload Curriculum vitae) no longer than 2 pages in length.
- A reference letter from a college lecturer (as per format attached).
- Personal Statement (Upload Personal Statement) minimum 1 pages in length.
- Students who have received SPSP scholarship for their UG course are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Eligible candidates will be called for interview.
- In the event of a tie, preference will be given to the candidate with higher undergraduate score.
Department of Education, CTA
Gangchen Kyishong, Dharamsala – 176215
District Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, India
Phone: +91.01892. 226695, 222572 and 22272 Posted on: 1st July 2022
Sikyong Professional Scholarship Reference Letter
Funded by The Tibet Fund – 2022
To be completed by an academic referee. Please print carefully.
(This section to be completed by the applicant before passing to referee)
Full name of applicant: _________________________________________________________________
Degree to which you are applying: ________________________________________________________
The following sections are to be completed by the referee.
Name of Referee: ________________________________________________________________________
Job Designation: ________________________________________________________________________
In what capacity ( lecturer) have you known the Applicant?
How long have you known the Applicant (years/months)? __________________
Specific Abilities for each category, place a checkmark under the most appropriate column.
|Independent study capability|
|Ability to meet deadlines|
|Overall I would rate this student|
Additional comments on the applicant: ____________________________________________________
Signature of Referee: ________________________________________ Date: ___________________