‘Summer Science Teaching Program 2013’ for Tibetan students studying science in India and overseas universities will commence from June 25, 2013. Under this program, the university students will be given the opportunity to teach for a month in Tibetan schools.
The main objectives of the program are:
1. to inspire university/college students to pursue teaching as their career
2. to provide opportunity for the university/college students to engage in voluntary community work
3. to provide role models and guidance for the children in our schools
1. Two way travel expense (within India) for the students will be borne by DoE.
2. The participants will be provided AC 3 Tier train fare and deluxe bus fare. (Kindly note that reimbursement will be made only on submission of original tickets)
3. Daily allowance of Rs 250 will be provided during journey period.
4. The participants will be provided free accommodation by the respective schools.
5. Food allowance for a month’s stay at school is Rs 6000.
6. Service Incentive of Rs 3000 and a certificate of appreciation will be awarded to the participants.
1. There will be a 2 Day Orientation Program for the participants in Dharamshala on June 25 and 26, 2013. Attendance for the orientation program is mandatory.
2. The last date for the enrolment in the program is May 15, 2013.
3. The interested students should contact Gyaltsen, Science Education Officer, DoE (Mobile number 8091282478, email: [email protected] office phone: 01892-222572/222721)