The Department of Education, CTA is happy to announce the UWC application for entry 2021 are now open to study International Baccalaureate (11th & 12th standard equivalent) across 18 United World Colleges (UWC). The Department of Education is partnering with the UWC Committee, India for the selection of Tibetan students in India. Scholarship funding partners have included UWC schools and colleges, UWC Committee in India, Horizon Foundation, and Pestalozzi International Foundation. Interested candidates must apply online using the link below latest by November 22, 2020.
Eligibility and required documents to be uploaded:
- Applicant must be a Tibetan refugee student who has a Green Book and a valid Registration Certificate (RC). Applicant and his/her parents’ Green Book contribution must be paid till 2020. If the applicant’s RC has not been made due to underage/in process, the reasons must be mentioned in “Form-A” by the concerned Tibetan Settlement Officer. (Form-A to be uploaded)
- Applicant must be in Class X or XI and born between September 01, 2003, to September 01, 2005 (aged between 16-18 as on September 01, 2021). Upload the applicant’s Birth Certificate.
- Applicant must have studied the Tibetan language till Class X or must appear for Tibetan Language Proficiency Test (TLPT) to be conducted by DoE after the application deadline. (Class X and XI applicants must upload Class IX and X marks card respectively).
- Completed UWC Application Forms must be uploaded (3 forms):
- Application Form (This form has to be filled in by the applicant )
- Parent Declaration Form (This form must be filled in by parents or guardians of the applicants.)
- School Declaration Form (This form must be filled in by the applicant’s Head of School or Class Teacher (or equivalent). After filling this form, the school authorities must print, sign and stamp all 3 pages of the form.)
- Application Form and Parent’s Declaration Form should be typed,
- It’s the responsibility of the candidates to produce valid IC by June 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and the venue and time will be notified later.
Department of Education, CTA
Gangchen Kyishong, Dharamsala, HP- 176215
Phone: +91.01892. 226695 and 222721