The Department of Education, CTA, is happy to announce that the Richardson Foundation, a registered Scottish charity is offering scholarships for two Tibetan refugee students from India, Nepal, and Bhutan to study any undergraduate professional course at a university in India, Nepal, and Bhutan. The scholarship amount will be INR. 1,50,000/- (One Lakh Fifty Thousand only) and the scholarship will begin from August/ September 2022. Those interested candidates who meet the following eligibility criteria must apply online using the link below latest by July 31, 2022: Form link.
- A) Eligibility and required documents to be uploaded:
- Applicant must be a Tibetan refugee student who has a Green Book and a valid Registration Certificate (RC). Applicant and his/her parents’ Green Book contribution must be paid till 2022. If the applicant’s RC has not been made due to underage/in process/any other, the reasons must be mentioned in “Form-A” by the concerned Tibetan Settlement Officer. (Form-A to be uploaded)
- Applicant must have completed Class XII in 2022 with a score of 75% and above.
- Application must upload previous board/ School annual results of class X.
- Upload personal essay titled “How studying for my degree will help the Tibetan cause” (500 words)
- B) Selection process:
- After the application deadline, there will be a written test of Tibetan and English in July-August 2022. The test will be conducted in respective Tibetan Settlement Offices. For candidates from Dharamsala, the test will be conducted at the Department of Education. Final score will be distributed as follows
Tibetan = 25%, English = 25%, Class X score 15%, XII Score =15% and Personal essay = 20% on “How studying for my degree will help the Tibetan Cause”.
- The top six candidates will be recommended to the Richardson Foundation for the final selection. The selection will be made by the trustees of Richardson Foundation (UK) in august based on the evidence submitted which will include academic record and Personal Essay.
For any queries, write to [email protected] or call the phone numbers given below:
Department of Education, CTA
Gangchen Kyishong, Dharamsala – 176215
District Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, India
Phone: +91.01892. 226695, 222572 and 222721 Posted: March 22, 2022