The Department of Education, CTA, is happy to announce the United World College Scholarship for Entry 2024 to study International Baccalaureate (11th & 12th standard equivalent) across 18 United World Colleges (UWC). The Department of Education, CTA, is partnering with the UWC Committee in India in its selection of Tibetan students. Interested candidates should fill out the online application and upload the required documents by scanning the QR code or clicking the link below by October 25, 2023, 11:59 p.m.
Eligibility and required documents to be uploaded:
- The applicant must be a Tibetan refugee student who has a Green Book and the applicant and his/her parents’ Green Book contributions must be paid till March 2023. The form needs to be stamped and signed by the concerned Tibetan Settlement Officer. Upload form A
- Applicant must be in Class X or XI and born between September 01, 2006, to September 01, 2008. Upload the applicant’s Birth Certificate.
- Upload a comprehensive academic report card: Marks sheet/transcripts for grades IX (Mandatory) & Grade X (If Available)). All mark sheets submitted are required to be attested.
- Upload the latest passport-size profile photograph of the applicant (jpeg)
- Upload a scanned copy of a valid IC or IC receipt.
- Applicant must have studied Tibetan language till Class X or must appear for the Tibetan Language Proficiency Test (TLPT) to be conducted by DoE on October 27, 2023. Must clear the test to be eligible for this scholarship.
Completed UWC Application Forms must be uploaded:
- UWC Application Form and Parent Declaration Form: M.S Excel (The applicant must fill in the attached Excel form, All fields that display the message ” This information is mandatory ” are mandatory and need to be filled n. Parents/Guardians details and consents are also required in this form)
- UWC School Declaration Form: M.S Word. (The attached Word format form must be filled in by the applicant’s Teacher/ faculty member who has been nominated by the applicant. After filling out this form, the form should be printed, stamped, and scanned for upload. An official Stamp is mandatory on this form.)
Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and the venue and time will be notified later.
For any queries, contact: Sonam Sangmo and Lobsang Dhargye
Department of Education, CTA
Dharamsala,HP- 176215 Date: September 19, 2023